DL Truth: Distance Learning Truth
MUST University isn't a diploma mill - Printable Version

+- DL Truth: Distance Learning Truth (http://www.dltruth.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion (http://www.dltruth.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Unaccredited vs. State-Approved vs. Accredited (http://www.dltruth.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: MUST University isn't a diploma mill (/thread-705.html)

Pages: 1 2


MUST University isn't a diploma mill - RespectableGent - 09-28-2009

These guys have been around for about 20 years now. Everyone says that they're a diploma mill or a degree mill with minimal standards, but it's worse than that. What they really do is lure you in with the impression of lax standards, collect money from you up front and a tuition fee from you monthly and then give you literally endless amounts of work until you drop out in desperation.

There aren't any graduates because no one can complete the endless amounts of work MUST gives its students. The people who try to stick with the program end up paying tens of thousands of dollars and decades of study until they drop out in shame. The value of its degrees never comes up because there are NO graduates.

Even Harvard allows its students to graduate after all. With MUST the policy is to graduate no one. They have you read a library's worth of books and write endless papers and introspections until you've understood everything known to man and have written a dissertation on every word in the dictionary. And even then they'd probably ask you to do it over and pay some more in tuition.

Does that make MUST the best school in the US?


RE: MUST University isn't a diploma mill - ham - 09-28-2009

http://online.degree.net/accredited-unaccredited-state-approved-diploma-mill/t-must-university-3063.html

Quote:Sounds like a landslide on the bogus side to me.
40 countries?
Not even Oxford "operates out of 40 countries"...
It may be Warnborough-speak to evade the question of accreditation and/or to dodge questions about the 'value' of degrees...
Face it...Open University is a virtual university, but in all respects works like a UK one...IGNOU is a virtual university, but in all respects works like an Indian one...there is no such things as an 'international' university...

Second, maybe it's just me but 'Ken Baker' might sound more like Anil Tata in real life...

I just wonder why do people want to go after unheard of, borderline schools with bizarre credentials rather than the dozens of known, REAL schools out there, both wonderful and unwonderful.



RE: MUST University isn't a diploma mill - RespectableGent - 09-28-2009

ham Wrote:http://online.degree.net/accredited-unaccredited-state-approved-diploma-mill/t-must-university-3063.html

Quote:Sounds like a landslide on the bogus side to me.
40 countries?
Not even Oxford "operates out of 40 countries"...
It may be Warnborough-speak to evade the question of accreditation and/or to dodge questions about the 'value' of degrees...
Face it...Open University is a virtual university, but in all respects works like a UK one...IGNOU is a virtual university, but in all respects works like an Indian one...there is no such things as an 'international' university...

Second, maybe it's just me but 'Ken Baker' might sound more like Anil Tata in real life...

I just wonder why do people want to go after unheard of, borderline schools with bizarre credentials rather than the dozens of known, REAL schools out there, both wonderful and unwonderful.

I'm not talking about what they claim about themselves. I'm talking about the actual amount of work required. Their true gameplan isn't to give you a little work and kick you out the door with a degree, but to keep you in school forever and collect endlessly on the tuition until you drop out. That's why they're not afraid to provide nursing and medical-related degree programs.

That makes MUST the best university in the United States according to the "experts".


RE: MUST University isn't a diploma mill - ham - 09-29-2009

Quote:I'm not talking about what they claim about themselves. I'm talking about the actual amount of work required. Their true gameplan isn't to give you a little work and kick you out the door with a degree, but to keep you in school forever and collect endlessly on the tuition until you drop out. That's why they're not afraid to provide nursing and medical-related degree programs.

whoever wastes time playing with those phonies is a bigger idiot than let believe.
What, another of those 'international' dodgy things pretending to be Oxford?
PFFT!
A sham is always a sham.Big GrinRolleyes


RE: MUST University isn't a diploma mill - RespectableGent - 09-29-2009

Quote:whoever wastes time playing with those phonies is a bigger idiot than let believe.
What, another of those 'international' dodgy things pretending to be Oxford?
PFFT!
A sham is always a sham.Big GrinRolleyes

I know someone who has been working for eight years on a MUST degree that was only supposed to take a year. After spending tens of thousands of dollars on tuition he finally dropped out realizing that they'll never let him graduate.

It's quite insidious. They target adult students who tend to be dedicated with their studies. They give them the first few courses for free to lure them in and get them to invest some time and effort, and then proceed to give them literally endless amounts of busy work, books to read, and papers to write.

No one can really complain to the BBB or take them to court over it either. What are they going to do, claim that the University was giving them too much work for their degree?


RE: MUST University isn't a diploma mill - kouzoulos - 09-29-2009

I'm sorry guys but for which MUST are you talking about? If you talk about this one:http://www.must.edu/ yes I agree, it is a true uni but this one www.mustuniversity.com is just an unaccredited AND mill "institute".

thx


RE: MUST University isn't a diploma mill - ham - 09-29-2009

Quote:I'm sorry guys but for which MUST are you talking about? If you talk about this one:http://www.must.edu/ yes I agree, it is a true uni but this one http://www.mustuniversity.com is just an unaccredited AND mill "institute".

Your university is Egyptian and called MISR.
The other is a dodgy outfit.


RE: MUST University isn't a diploma mill - RespectableGent - 09-29-2009

kouzoulos Wrote:I'm sorry guys but for which MUST are you talking about? If you talk about this one:http://www.must.edu/ yes I agree, it is a true uni but this one www.mustuniversity.com is just an unaccredited AND mill "institute".

thx

Yeah, the second one.

But like I said, it's not a mill. It's not that kind of scam. It's something far worse. If you sign up for their program they won't just give you your degree. You'll have to spend the rest of your life in school learning about every concept known to man and writing endless papers which are impossible to complete.

Their business plan isn't to kick you out the door with your degree, but to prevent you from graduating so they can collect on the tuition.

It makes sense, too. Why collect a thousand bucks from a student for writing a single paper when you can collect tens of thousands over time?

And once the student has invested a little time into the program, he/she feels obligated to "rough it out" and continue.


RE: MUST University isn't a diploma mill - kouzoulos - 09-30-2009

RespectableGent Wrote:
kouzoulos Wrote:I'm sorry guys but for which MUST are you talking about? If you talk about this one:http://www.must.edu/ yes I agree, it is a true uni but this one www.mustuniversity.com is just an unaccredited AND mill "institute".

thx

Yeah, the second one.

But like I said, it's not a mill. It's not that kind of scam. It's something far worse. If you sign up for their program they won't just give you your degree. You'll have to spend the rest of your life in school learning about every concept known to man and writing endless papers which are impossible to complete.

Their business plan isn't to kick you out the door with your degree, but to prevent you from graduating so they can collect on the tuition.

It makes sense, too. Why collect a thousand bucks from a student for writing a single paper when you can collect tens of thousands over time?

And once the student has invested a little time into the program, he/she feels obligated to "rough it out" and continue.
ok, just fyi www.mustuniversity.com has not a secure online payment as they claim.


RE: MUST University isn't a diploma mill - RespectableGent - 09-30-2009

I'm curious what one would call this breed of school. What do you call a school whose goal is to suck your bank account dry and is overly academic to the point where not even digesting the entire Library of Congress would satisfy your instructors?

What do you call a school that makes Harvard look like a degree mill?