DL Truth: Distance Learning Truth
Elmer explodes about some tech dork's blog - Printable Version

+- DL Truth: Distance Learning Truth (http://www.dltruth.com)
+-- Forum: DL Hall of Shame: Individuals (http://www.dltruth.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Gregg DesElms (http://www.dltruth.com/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Elmer explodes about some tech dork's blog (/thread-774.html)

Elmer explodes about some tech dork's blog - Little Arminius - 01-29-2010

Elmer has now taken to lecturing some tech dork about how he should follow journalistic guidelines when posting on his blog, or something like that. I can't help but to notice how vitriolic his comments were. He sounded like he was ready to burst an artery or have the big one and drop dead. Big Grin

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/12/07/

RE: Elmer explodes about some tech dork's blog - Albert Hidel - 02-05-2010

Gregg?DesElms Wrote:Gregg DesElms
December 9th, 2009 01:37

What will it take, finally, for ALL of your writers to always, always, always -- every time, without fail -- remember to include such important things as THE NAME OF THE MANUFACTURER and ITS WEB SITE URL in all of your product articles?!?!?!?!

What, at long last, will it take?

THIS IS NOT JOURNALISM that you're doing, here. You may THINK it is, but it is not. Have any of you even actually BEEN to journalism school? Or taken a journalism course? OR EVEN READ A BOOK ABOUT JOURNALISM??!?! Have any of you ever even heard of the implicit rule of all articles of this type which says that ALL of the following things must always be answered in said types of articles: Who, what, when, where, why, how? Could you please just bother to READ A BOOK about journalism? An article, maybe? A blog posting? Something? Anything? Please? If you did, you'd realize what an egregeous thing you're doing with your articles which include either or both of no mention of the manufacturer, or a link to its web site. You do it all the time. It's outrageous... unconscionable. Shame.

We've all learned to tolerate that English is obviously not your first language (which isn't, in and of itself, a bad thing), and that you will not bother to get even remotely good at it before daring to write, commercially, in it (which is); but you cannot, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, be so reckless as to write articles (in ANY language) about things which do not include the absolute BASICS: Who, what, why, when, where and how! How are such articles useful, other than as mere curiosity, if you do not include the BASICS?

Hmmm?

GET A CLUE, for godsake! I've complained about this REPEATEDLY here. No one in your "organization" is paying attention. What is the problem? Are you all just oblivious... or aloof... or arrogant... or what?

Shame on you! I don't CARE that this posting is coming across as an over-the-top rant by a seemingly crazy person; and that it will be Google-able as that forever. I don't care. Nothing less that this seems to be getting your attention; and I'm under no illusion, in fact, that even THIS will get your attention. NOTHING, in fact, seems to get your attention.

So, again, shame on you for the complaint in chief of this posting; but shame on you even more for ignoring all the other times herein that I've written it.

Shame. On. You.

Another nice catch, Little Arminius. Looks like Elmer has gone off the deep end, or whatever end is beyond the deep one.?

So according to Gleggy, you can't write a review unless you've been to journalism school and you meet his high standards for product identification. What a cunt.

That website is probably just some guy who thought it would be helpful to others to share his opinion and experience, just as we all do. Or all of us who are normal and decent and not trying to marry off people of the same gender to each other.

Shame on YOU, Elmer. Get a clue, Elmer. Read a fucking DALE CARNEGIE book, you twat.

RE: Elmer explodes about some tech dork's blog - Don Dresden - 02-05-2010

Gregg?DesElms Wrote:GET A CLUE, for godsake! ...What is the problem? Are you all just oblivious... or aloof... or arrogant... or what?

Why do I get the feeling he just repeats all the things people have been saying to him every day of his life?

Some leftovers from another thread:

Why did Elmer spend all night outside the whorehouse?
He was waiting for the red light to turn green.

The manager of Elmer's local whorehouse one night found, to his dismay, that he was short of Chinese girls for Elmer's scheduled evening's entertainment.

Thinking quickly, he dashed out and bought several inflatable fuck dolls, figuring that, given Elmer's obtuseness, he wouldn't know the difference.

Soon after, he ushered Elmer into a room that housed one of the new lovelies, assuring him that he was in for an especially good time.

When Elmer came out of the room a little while later, the manager was waiting eagerly in the hallway. He winked at Elmer and asked "Well? How'd you like her?"

"I just don't know what happened," said Elmer, shaking his head. "I bit her on the tit, she farted, and flew out the window."

RE: Elmer explodes about some tech dork's blog - Geoff Vankirk - 03-16-2010

Gregg DesElms Wrote:Gregg DesElms
December 9th, 2009 01:37

What will it take, finally, for ALL of your writers to always, always, always — every time, without fail — remember to include such important things as THE NAME OF THE MANUFACTURER and ITS WEB SITE URL in all of your product articles?!?!?!?!

What, at long last, will it take?

THIS IS NOT JOURNALISM that you’re doing, here. You may THINK it is, but it is not. Have any of you even actually BEEN to journalism school? Or taken a journalism course? OR EVEN READ A BOOK ABOUT JOURNALISM??!?! Have any of you ever even heard of the implicit rule of all articles of this type which says that ALL of the following things must always be answered in said types of articles: Who, what, when, where, why, how? Could you please just bother to READ A BOOK about journalism? An article, maybe? A blog posting? Something? Anything? Please? If you did, you’d realize what an egregeous thing you’re doing with your articles which include either or both of no mention of the manufacturer, or a link to its web site. You do it all the time. It’s outrageous… unconscionable. Shame.

We’ve all learned to tolerate that English is obviously not your first language (which isn’t, in and of itself, a bad thing), and that you will not bother to get even remotely good at it before daring to write, commercially, in it (which is); but you cannot, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, be so reckless as to write articles (in ANY language) about things which do not include the absolute BASICS: Who, what, why, when, where and how! How are such articles useful, other than as mere curiosity, if you do not include the BASICS?

Hmmm?

GET A CLUE, for godsake! I’ve complained about this REPEATEDLY here. No one in your “organization” is paying attention. What is the problem? Are you all just oblivious… or aloof… or arrogant… or what?

Shame on you! I don’t CARE that this posting is coming across as an over-the-top rant by a seemingly crazy person; and that it will be Google-able as that forever. I don’t care. Nothing less that this seems to be getting your attention; and I’m under no illusion, in fact, that even THIS will get your attention. NOTHING, in fact, seems to get your attention.

So, again, shame on you for the complaint in chief of this posting; but shame on you even more for ignoring all the other times herein that I’ve written it.

Shame. On. You.

I sent an email to this pervert but have not yet received a response. He lists his contact information as:

Gregg DesElms Wrote:Gregg L. DesElms
895 Jackson St., #319
Napa, CA 94559-1321

877-383-5148  PHONE
206-984-1288  FAX

gregg@greggdeselms.com

Wouldn't it be just terrible if some mischievous youths, like the ones he counsels as part of that DeMolay cult, went to a public library or Wal Mart's magazine section, tore out those subscription requests, and mailed them in with DesElms' name and mailing address. That would be a big hassle to straighten out, I'm sure.

RE: Elmer explodes about some tech dork's blog - Don Dresden - 01-28-2011

Another officious lecture in propriety from Elmer, this time on the objectification of women. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin Yeah, I know, the world's biggest expert in Asian massage parlors is lecturing people about objectifying women.

The offense in question is that the guy referred to his wife as "the wife," instead of something more politically correct, like "fille de joie" or "hey bitch." Or as she is known in Elmer's home, "the inflatable woman."

Does Elmer seem to hold some sort of grudge against Minnesota, the Al Franken State? Did something happen to Greggy there that left a permanent scar on his psyche....something to do with $40,000 spent on unrequited love????? Seems like "there and then" is more on his mind than "here and now," so why does he think he can lecture others? Well, because he's a hypocritical douchebag, that's why!

Quote:"The" wife? Really?
"The" wife? Not "my" wife? What... are you 60, and from Minnesota?

Maybe you could try to come across less like a misogynistic grandpa, eh? It's a small thing, I know... you and others may wonder why I'm even mentioning it. But objectification of women by men is wrong no matter how seemingly innocent or unintentionally committed. The beginning of your trip down the road of enlightenment has to begin somewhere. Here and now's as good a place and time as any.

"The" wife. Sheesh! [shakes head in disbelief]

01/13/2011 11:18 AM .
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/google/i-got-an-office-for-christmas-so-the-wife-is-getting-the-chromebook/2740

RE: Elmer explodes about some tech dork's blog - ham - 01-28-2011

Quote:Maybe you could try to come across less like a misogynistic grandpa, eh? It's a small thing, I know... you and others may wonder why I'm even mentioning it. But objectification of women by men is wrong no matter how seemingly innocent or unintentionally committed. The beginning of your trip down the road of enlightenment has to begin somewhere. Here and now's as good a place and time as any.

Didn't the moral expert buy, ehm marry a first generation filipina?
Hmm...

RE: Elmer explodes about some tech dork's blog - Don Dresden - 01-28-2011

(01-28-2011, 05:40 AM)ham Wrote: Didn't the moral expert buy, ehm marry a first generation filipina?
Hmm...

Look for the union label...
[Image: wife.jpg]
[Image: coo8.jpg]

RE: Elmer explodes about some tech dork's blog - Virtual Bison - 02-16-2011

What an asshole!

I have a rule when I go on anyone else's site. I am respectful of the people hosting it.

I guess that is why I quit posting on degreeinfo. There is no one there I can respect.

RE: Elmer explodes about some tech dork's blog - Little Arminius - 02-19-2011

(02-16-2011, 07:06 AM)Virtual Bison Wrote: What an asshole!

I have a rule when I go on anyone else's site. I am respectful of the people hosting it.

I guess that is why I quit posting on degreeinfo. There is no one there I can respect.

Asshole pretty much sums up DesElms. I really don't see any redeeming qualities.

more insane Elmer posts
(scroll down to the comments)

RE: Elmer explodes about some tech dork's blog - ham - 02-20-2011

Quote:Luther loved the Roman Catholic Church, in which he was an ordained priest. It pained him, almost beyond his ability to put into words, that he was forced to call the Church and its then-pope on its both bad behavior (primarily the selling of indulgences, though there was much, much more) and theological unsoundness. Luther’s criticism was based on incontrovertible biblical evidence. He wasn’t trying to form a new denomination. He was appalled by words like “protestant” and “Lutheran.” He wanted to stay in the Roman Catholic Church, but just reform some of its thinking and ways of acting.

Is there ANYTHING these misfits are unable to lecture about?
Look there...a bunch of weekend wannabes talking the intricacies of religion with another turd formerly self-proclaimed foremost expert on Asian (sex) massage parlors...amazing...