Alan Conteras's Personal Rampage, Unprofessional Conduct
I read an article some time back about a man who was teaching in Maine with a graduate degree from Pacific Western University. He had disclosed to the appropriate personnel that his degree from PWU was not accredited but rather "state approved" and recognized by the "superintendent of public instruction" and the BPPVE.

According to the source I read, he stated that they told him, " We don't question the State of California or it's Dept. of Education. They let the man teach!....State Approved baby!
(03-11-2011, 11:13 AM)Herbert Spencer Wrote:
(03-11-2011, 06:59 AM)CarrieAnn Wrote: Can somebody tell me what the 8 states are requiring this kind of disclosure?

Quote:...Oregon is one of eight states where it is against the law to advertise an unaccredited degree for personal gain.

According to Gay Al's website, the list is up to twelve. In addition to Oregon, the rest of the dirty dozen are Maine, New Jersey, Virginia, Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas, Nevada and Washington. Michigan and Indiana are only semi-oppressive.

Quote:[Image: Degree_use_law_map_aug09.jpg]
Red states have broad laws prohibiting or restricting the use of unaccredited degrees.
Yellow states have narrow or more limited protections for genuine degrees.

http://www.osac.state.or.us/oda/unaccredited.aspx
Interestingly, this site fails to cite particular statutes or mention what they are. Its probable that none of these laws are enforcable anyway. Its all a lot of fluff and feathers.

(03-11-2011, 02:00 PM)CarrieAnn Wrote: I knew about OR and TX, but did not know about the other 6. My understanding is that it has never held up in a court of law. I'm trying to find a source other than the creep gang's websites for info. Thx.

True. The few times states tried to enfoce such laws, such as when Oregon did in 2005, they end up getting struck down.

Texas, which has one of the harshest laws, had never actually taken anyone to task for "using" an unaccredited degree. Mostly its scare tatics.

One more thing, I wonder if anyone tried to sue the State of Oregon to take down this libelous website. I would wager that they would have a pretty good chance at winning.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I've gone back to reread some of Contreras's past posts on other blogs, as well as his take on "what makes a degree valid,in these United States". I can only hope when this man's head stops spinning his face is to the front again!

Maybe those remedial courses in "DEFAMATION" law paid off? He seems to "chirp" a slightly different song these days.... tweet,tweet.....maybe that's just the ornithologist in him coming out
The new scam is marketing unaccredited high school diplomas! Who in their right freaking mind would ever pursue an unaccredited high school diploma? High schools, I have always believed were the primary market and demographic that RA pursued. This ensured that the education children and young adults received was rock solid and helped to prepare them for post-secondary education. A high school teacher recently shared this concept with me concerning accreditation as it relates to secondary school.
A buddy of mine told me that only "little boys" wear bow-ties....men over the age of 18 who wear bow-ties are usually a little "light"....if you get my drift....I saw Alan's "cute" little bow-tie photo...ROTFLMAO!.....
(06-18-2012, 09:02 AM)bigfoot Wrote: A buddy of mine told me that only "little boys" wear bow-ties....men over the age of 18 who wear bow-ties are usually a little "light"....if you get my drift....I saw Alan's "cute" little bow-tie photo...ROTFLMAO!.....

Am I light according to your standards?
A.A Mole University
B.A London Institute of Applied Research
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
M.A International Institute for Advanced Studies
Ph.D London Institute of Applied Research
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
I didn't say "my standards"...I said my friends....furthermore ur not wearing a bow-tie...boo-hoo..Ham's offended by my bow-tie crack... it's tame compared to many of yours

yup...I also think you're "light in the loafers" if you're wearing a "bow-tie" and over the age of 25....
(06-19-2012, 02:20 AM)bigfoot Wrote: I didn't say "my standards"...I said my friends....furthermore ur not wearing a bow-tie...boo-hoo..Ham's offended by my bow-tie crack... it's tame compared to many of yours

yup...I also think you're "light in the loafers" if you're wearing a "bow-tie" and over the age of 25....

I am 294.3 pounds...if you consider that light...
A.A Mole University
B.A London Institute of Applied Research
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
M.A International Institute for Advanced Studies
Ph.D London Institute of Applied Research
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
Ham....good show...you got me beat by only 12 pounds, according to my scale this morning...to many spareribs yesterday and half a pineapple upside down cake!
I realize that Florida repealed it's unaccredited degree law a year or two ago... can someone provide a link with that repealed statute...thanks guys

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alan Contreras = Homofascist Albert Hidel 1 18,033 01-05-2015, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Geoff Vankirk
  Judge Declares ODA's Alan Contreras a Civil Rights Violator Karl Watanabe 16 85,646 02-12-2013, 07:00 AM
Last Post: jamesc1
  Where is Alan? razor wire 9 51,307 10-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Armando Ramos
  ODA's Alan Contreras Exposed as Pervert Tanya Heddankoff 0 21,331 05-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Tanya Heddankoff