RA Stomp Jesus Or No Way
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuPsMFu-QysdUlHkeZ_0N...M6ScVtctqk]

Oops...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgWdMJYJdnKphk5sqkWEF...7aauJHU6hw]

What did you say about my pals, you in-bred racist scum?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ62yuDeKvCQ0epR70w3ac...CAgL6K0xxQ]

Laughs best he who laughs last...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYjP3TPHJCh-lCUhEjV3l...Vjs74pJ-Zg]

PFFT! You can't beat MY BOY...

[Image: poster-stalin.jpg]

NOW...THAT's a real savior worth defending, you bigots...
A.A Mole University
B.A London Institute of Applied Research
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
M.A International Institute for Advanced Studies
Ph.D London Institute of Applied Research
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
A.A Mole University
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
(03-29-2013, 03:19 AM)ham Wrote: I am a bit confused with all these African guys...

FAU's Spring 2013 Preliminary Enrollment shows 18% Black, 49% White and 4% Asian. That would be very light on the Asians in my neighborhood.

But assuming they follow the common practice of hiring in proportion to their community, it seems like about 18% of the faculty and admins ought to be black. So far it's looking like quite a bit more.

Or is it like prison where they have black, white and hispanic cell blocks to keep them from killing each other? When a black faculty effs up do the black admins have clean up duty?
Quote:March 26, 2013 · 8:19 am
Fire Deandre Poole

[Image: fau.jpg?w=450&h=284]
Florida Atlantic University, where bullies and incompetents mold tomorrow’s leaders!

There are a wide variety of offenses that ought to lead to a college professor’s dismissal. Incompetence, for example. Our young minds should not be shaped by fools. A university should not tolerate discrimination and bias, either. Every occupant of a classroom should feel that he or she is equally welcome regardless of race, color, gender…well, you know the list. Abuse of power by a teacher shows a lack of trustworthiness; that kind of conduct, as well as its close relative, bullying, must be strictly forbidden on campus. Then there are an assortment of character traits and professional deficits that must lead to severance from a teaching position when they are in evidence, traits like laziness, ignorance, lack of respect for core American rights, and stupidity, which, neatly enough, brings us back to incompetence.

This also brings us to the case of Dr. Deandre Poole, the Florida Atlantic University professor who ordered h[is] class to write “Jesus” on a piece of paper and then to stomp on it. When one student, a devout Mormon, refused, and was clearly upset about it, he took steps to have the student punished for that old favorite, violation of the student Code of Conduct. Dr. Poole, through his participation in this ridiculous incident, has shown himself guilty of all the forms of unacceptable conduct listed above:

■Incompetence: Even for an instructor in such a mush-brained, politically-correct waste of tuition funds as his course on “intercultural communication,” inflicting this exercise on students shows affirmative idiocy. He is teaching intercultural communications by callously communicating to students that she has no respect for their cultures that he does not share. The student who balked at the exercise, devout Mormon Ryan Rotela, comes from a Christian culture in which stomping on Jesus Christ’s name is considered blasphemy. This is how he was raised; this is what his family and community believes, and this is a core aspect of his personal morality. The teacher’s command was an assault on his personal morality in a course and a university environment where he should feel safe from attack. It was a counter-productive exercise for the course, one which undermined the purpose of the course’s alleged goal, and for the teacher of such a course to think otherwise proves that she is unqualified for her post.

■Discrimination: The exercise purportedly served to demonstrate that people treat the symbols of revered people and things like the revered subjects themselves. By choosing only a revered figure that is important to Christians, however, Prof. Poole discriminated against the Christians in his class, and showed disrespect and lack of sensitivity to their faith and beliefs. For those who were not Christians, stomping on the name “Jesus” had as much meaning as stomping on the name “Cheetos.” He was, therefore, making an example of one faith, trying to show those students that their hesitance to stomp on a piece of paper was irrational. That is in-class discrimination and bias of a particularly ugly variety. Poole also showed himself to be a bigot, a hypocrite and a coward. He didn’t dare order a class to stomp on the name “Muhammad,” since she knows that those who worship him take this symbolism juuuust a little bit too far, and as a good Democrat Poole (who is, in fact, an officer in the local Democratic Party), knows only Christianity, and maybe the Jewish religion, are cool to disrespect. When I heard about the stunt, I assumed that the objective would be to point to the students who were not devout Christians and who happily stomped away, and remind them that by doing so they were forgetting about the impact their actions might have on fellow students who would regard such conduct as an attack on their religion and beliefs—that would at least make sense in the context of the class, though it would still be discriminatory. It is also noteworthy that apparently none of the Jesus-stompers stopped to consider the sensibilities of the Christians in their midst, which would be basic ethics—you know, the Golden Ru..Oh! That’s right! Neither Poole nor h[is] compliant Jesus-stompers know about that, as they regard Christianity as just a convenient prop for cheap classroom ridicule.

A fair and unbiased version of the still-stupid exercise would have been to ask students to write down the name of any deity or individual whose principles and life is important to them—Jesus, Muhammad, Yahweh, Martin Luther King, a dead parent, a sibling fallen in combat, President Obama, Justin Bieber—and stomp on it, and may I add, obviously.

■Abuse of Power: Classroom exercise or not, no teacher should presume to command any student to perform acts that symbolically reject or denigrate his or her religious faith, nationality, or family, no more than a teacher should order students to support her pet causes, service her sexually or paint her house. He’s there to teach, not dictate. Then Poole, when Rotela expressed legitimate outrage at h[is] insult to him and his faith, reported his actions and words (“Don’t do that again!”, which he took as a threat rather than the excellent career advice it was) to the administration, which suspended the student. Excellent trap, Dr. Poole! Single out a student for abusive treatment on the basis of his faith as a teaching exercise—good ol’ academic freedom!—and then accuse him of a code violation when he objects in appropriately strenuous terms! This is a superb teaching exercise for your FAU course in “Persecution Methods of Authoritarian Regimes”—wait, what? Your course is “intercultural communication”? Never mind then—scratch that. You’re just a bully and an idiot.

■Laziness, ignorance of basic rights, stupidity: When this story first came to light (as yet another story only deemed newsworthy by the “conservative media”), the university defended Poole because the exercise was in a book, “Intercultural Communication: A Contextual Approach, 5th Edition.” Ah. As long as an abusive, insensitive, poorly designed exercise is in a book, the professor slavishly following it no longer is responsible for her atrocious teaching methods. And if the book had said, “Order your students to slit their wrists,” that would have been fine too.

Upon reflection, Dr. Poole appears to accurately reflect the levels of competence, professional responsibility and ethics of the entire Florida Atlantic University administration. True, after there was an explosion of protests in the social media and the school received complaints, it apologized for Poole’s incompetence and said that the exercise would not be repeated, but it can’t promise that more abusive and discriminatory conduct won’t issue from Dr. Poole, since he has proven himself to be a dolt, a bigot and a bully despite teaching intercultural communication. He still is working there [a]s a professor, proving that the school’s management doesn’t know a problem when it sees one. (Another FAU professor is claiming that the Newtown massacre is a hoax, showing that the school’s brain-dead hiring practices are friendly to both incompetent liberals and deranged conservatives.)

Fire them all.
(03-29-2013, 02:18 AM)Don Dresden Wrote: Fe-fe, fi-fi, fo-fo, fum. I smell smoke in the auditorium...

Who walks in the classroom cool and slow?
Who calls the intercultural communication teacher Mo Fo?

Why is everybody always stomping on me?
(03-30-2013, 04:33 AM)Dickie Billericay Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 02:18 AM)Don Dresden Wrote: Fe-fe, fi-fi, fo-fo, fum. I smell smoke in the auditorium...

Who walks in the classroom cool and slow?
Who calls the intercultural communication teacher Mo Fo?

Why is everybody always stomping on me?

[Image: jesus-boxer.jpg?w=590]

Keep it coming guys

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRglPlNh96VyOC4FWCWZhy...dbX_I1-ojA]

PFFT! I told you you are no match for my guy...

[Image: stalin_exile_1915.gif]

Aaah! That smile, that smile...now THAT is a sweet savior...
A.A Mole University
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
(03-30-2013, 12:46 PM)ham Wrote: [Image: stalin_exile_1915.gif]

Tell those Russkies to quit stallin'. I'm more of a Marxist myself.

[Image: 6a00d8341c2b7953ef016766d6db39970b-550wi]
For safety reasons?!? Whose, his or the students'?

Quote:FAU Professor In “Jesus Stomping” Incident Placed On Administrative Leave
March 29, 2013 10:37 PM

BOCA RATON (CBS4) – The professor embroiled in a educational firestorm over his classroom practices has been placed on administrative leave.

Officials at Florida Atlantic University announced the move against Dr. Deandre Poole after receiving a complaint from student Ryan Rotella, who claims he was unfairly suspended from class for not writing the word ”Jesus” on a piece of paper and stomping on it as part of a class exercise.

The schools said removing Dr. Poole from the classroom was “for safety reasons” after the incident garnered a lot of media attention.

The controversy has even caught the attention of Governor Rick Scott, who called on University System Chancellor Frank Brogan to thoroughly investigate Rotella’s claims.

“As we enter the week memorializing the events of Christ’s passion, this incident gave me great concern over the lessons we are teaching our students,” Scott wrote in the letter.

Rotella, a deeply religious Mormon, told CBS12 that he was offended and refused to participate in the exercise.

“Anytime you stomp on something it shows that you believe that something has no value. So if you were to stomp on the word Jesus, it says that the word has no value,” said Rotella.

Rotella said he voiced his concerns to his teacher’s supervisor and later learned he was suspended from the class.

FAU said Dr. Poole was conducting a classroom exercise from a textbook entitled “Intercultural Communication: A Contextual Approach, 5th Edition” and released this statement to CBS12: ”Faculty and students at academic institutions pursue knowledge and engage in open discourse. While at times the topics discussed may be sensitive, a university environment is a venue for such dialogue and debate.”

Governor Scott inquired about the allegations because it raised questions about “the lessons being taught in our classrooms.” He said he wanted a report on the incident and how it was handled, as well as a statement of the university’s policies to ensure such “lessons” don’t occur again.

State University System spokeswoman Kim Wilmath said officials would work closely with FAU in preparing a response to the governor’s concerns.

“The State University System prides itself not only on its commitment to academic freedom, but at the same time, it’s awesome responsibility to the people it serves,” she said in a written statement. “We are gratified to know that FAU has apologized for any offense the exercise has caused and has pledged never to use this exercise again. Clearly, there were things the university could have done differently by its own acknowledgement.”

The governor didn’t seem satisfied with the apology, saying it was “in many ways inconsequential to the larger issue of a professor’s poor judgment.”

“The professor’s lesson was offensive, and even intolerant, to Christians and those of all faiths who deserve to be respected as Americans entitled to religious freedom,” Scott said in his letter. “Our public higher educational institutions are designed to shape the minds of Florida’s future leaders. We should provide educational leadership that is respectful of religious freedom of all people.”
Quote: BOCA RATON (CBS4) – The professor embroiled in a educational firestorm over his classroom practices has been placed on administrative leave.

[Image: deandre_poole1-273x275.jpg?w=500]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuPsMFu-QysdUlHkeZ_0N...M6ScVtctqk]

[Image: %24(KGrHqZ,!iYE1MnwnjQbBN04Q1M4ww~~_35.JPG]

Didn't I tell you so...

[Image: 5005643801_5b383b94f1.jpg]

racist scum...you'll hear about us soon

[Image: stalin-kraven.jpg]
A.A Mole University
B.Sc Millard Fillmore