GCU Has >133 BBB Complaints
(01-15-2012, 05:53 PM)GrandScamyon Wrote: Avoid Grand Canyon University--it is a scam and a ripoff! Not just a degree mill.....it's a disgrace mill!!!

Here's an interesting complaint about GCU posted on the BBB website. Apparently the GCU education program is for those with ready access to government school classrooms, such as teachers already active in the field trying to pump up their credentials to get a raise at taxpayer expense, not newbies trying to break into the government education scam. An expensive lesson for this lady, no doubt.

But even worse, notice that the student is an education major yet she is barely literate. Clearly this gal would be over-matched in any academic setting that required even moderate fluency in the English language, let alone a college program. I'm sure this lady is sincere in her noble goal of helping others, but....OMFG! You have to wonder if a TOEFL exam for some American-born victims of the government education system might be in order.

This is why Walter Williams described schools of education as "academic slums." But that doesn't stop the Gold Standard from selling people a bunch of hot air. I can't think of any other reason they would admit someone so obviously lacking the basic foundation to complete the work.

Wasn't John Cleese the star of "Timly Manor"? SmileRolleyes

Quote:Negative Experience (1 review)
1/21/2012

I am an education major at Grand Canyon U. Is that the short classes give you no time to set up observations in a timly manor. The councilers tell you that you have a list of over 10 to 15 options of observing a public, priviate, schools and tutoring services. The class requirements and teacher says it must be a title one school. Public Title one schools in my city would take as long or longer as your class last. this puts you in a bind becasue even if the teacher gives you and incomplete and gives you more time, your next class starts and it has observation requirements too.

This consumer had a NEGATIVE experience with this business.

by Jill S. on 1/21/2012 | Submit a Comment
http://www.bbb.org/phoenix/Business-Revi...r-reviews/

Messages In This Thread
GCU Has >133 BBB Complaints - by GrandScamyon - 01-15-2012, 05:53 PM
RE: GCU Has >133 BBB Complaints - by Albert Hidel - 01-18-2012, 04:13 AM
RE: GCU Has >133 BBB Complaints - by WilliamW - 03-29-2012, 01:46 AM
RE: GCU Has >133 BBB Complaints - by Martin Eisenstadt - 01-26-2012, 05:01 PM
RE: GCU Has >133 BBB Complaints - by ham - 03-10-2012, 04:20 PM
RE: GCU Has >133 BBB Complaints - by Don Dresden - 09-02-2012, 10:13 AM
RE: GCU Has >133 BBB Complaints - by Albert Hidel - 01-02-2013, 07:31 AM
RE: GCU Has >133 BBB Complaints - by Don Dresden - 02-01-2013, 04:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grand Canyon University: 200 BBB Complaints and Counting Dickie Billericay 9 49,990 08-12-2016, 11:17 AM
Last Post: The Bison