Alan Conteras's Personal Rampage, Unprofessional Conduct
(03-11-2011, 11:13 AM)Herbert Spencer Wrote:
(03-11-2011, 06:59 AM)CarrieAnn Wrote: Can somebody tell me what the 8 states are requiring this kind of disclosure?

Quote:...Oregon is one of eight states where it is against the law to advertise an unaccredited degree for personal gain.

According to Gay Al's website, the list is up to twelve. In addition to Oregon, the rest of the dirty dozen are Maine, New Jersey, Virginia, Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas, Nevada and Washington. Michigan and Indiana are only semi-oppressive.

Quote:[Image: Degree_use_law_map_aug09.jpg]
Red states have broad laws prohibiting or restricting the use of unaccredited degrees.
Yellow states have narrow or more limited protections for genuine degrees.

http://www.osac.state.or.us/oda/unaccredited.aspx
Interestingly, this site fails to cite particular statutes or mention what they are. Its probable that none of these laws are enforcable anyway. Its all a lot of fluff and feathers.

(03-11-2011, 02:00 PM)CarrieAnn Wrote: I knew about OR and TX, but did not know about the other 6. My understanding is that it has never held up in a court of law. I'm trying to find a source other than the creep gang's websites for info. Thx.

True. The few times states tried to enfoce such laws, such as when Oregon did in 2005, they end up getting struck down.

Texas, which has one of the harshest laws, had never actually taken anyone to task for "using" an unaccredited degree. Mostly its scare tatics.

One more thing, I wonder if anyone tried to sue the State of Oregon to take down this libelous website. I would wager that they would have a pretty good chance at winning.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alan Conteras's Personal Rampage, Unprofessional Conduct - by Virtual Bison - 05-17-2012, 05:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alan Contreras = Homofascist Albert Hidel 1 18,043 01-05-2015, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Geoff Vankirk
  Judge Declares ODA's Alan Contreras a Civil Rights Violator Karl Watanabe 16 85,684 02-12-2013, 07:00 AM
Last Post: jamesc1
  Where is Alan? razor wire 9 51,324 10-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Armando Ramos
  ODA's Alan Contreras Exposed as Pervert Tanya Heddankoff 0 21,337 05-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Tanya Heddankoff