A NEW CALIFORNIA PACIFIC UNIVERSITY
http://www.cpu.edu/
Opinions - pro or con on CPU?

Thanks!
ShotoJuku Wrote:Opinions - pro or con on CPU?

Thanks!

I have a DBA from them. Very good school, back 10 years ago, but with the many options available today, that were not available before it makes no sense to pursue a state approved university, I only wish the open their mind and look outside the box. If they would at least considered DETC.
DBAinAccounting Wrote:.........it makes no sense to pursue a state approved university.......

Except perhaps the low cost of their doctorate programs?
ShotoJuku Wrote:
DBAinAccounting Wrote:.........it makes no sense to pursue a state approved university.......

well...
1 if you need the degree for career or similar reasons, you may want to think twice. A State-accredited degree for many employers or similar is no better than a unaccredited one.

2 If you need the degree for independent learning, second hand books may serve you better than a degree that holds little to no value. In fact it's not that such 'barely accredited' schools offer you Jimmy Carter as mentor...
A.A Mole University
B.A London Institute of Applied Research
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
M.A International Institute for Advanced Studies
Ph.D London Institute of Applied Research
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
ham Wrote:In fact it's not that such 'barely accredited' schools offer you Jimmy Carter as mentor...

LOL......Big Grin

I think I'll wait for CCU to develop their PsyD program again.

Jimmy Carter.......LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!  Big Grin
ShotoJuku Wrote:
ham Wrote:In fact it's not that such 'barely accredited' schools offer you Jimmy Carter as mentor...

LOL......Big Grin

I think I'll wait for CCU to develop their PsyD program again.

Jimmy Carter.......LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!  Big Grin

I don't have a great opinion of the actual level of support provided by any university (both B&M and DE ).
There is the possibility of more or less fruitful and farther collaboration with this or that teacher...as a matter of chance and personal compatibility, however, and not as generally supplied level of service or support.
All tutors (many times faculty members ) I've been assigned to over the years made very clear at the beginning of the contract how distressed they were, how swamped with commitments...
What lesson will one learn from such a message?
You figure what level of support can mills, unaccredited or 'barely accredited' schools can offer.
A.A Mole University
B.A London Institute of Applied Research
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
M.A International Institute for Advanced Studies
Ph.D London Institute of Applied Research
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
ShotoJuku Wrote:

Not even that, but it looks good on the wall.
The next best option are DECT accredited doctorates, and if you wait you may get what you are looking for.
DBAinAccounting Wrote:
ShotoJuku Wrote:

Not even that, but it looks good on the wall.
The next best option are DETC accredited doctorates, and if you wait you may get what you are looking for.

Could be a loooooong wait.....Oh well..
ShotoJuku Wrote:Could be a loooooong wait.....Oh well..

I don't understand why a 2,000 hour residency would be holding up things at CCU.  Wouldn't many prospective students already have such experience that could be signed off?

The other alternative might be a DA or DSc in psychology.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taft Flees California Albert Hidel 23 119,689 01-12-2013, 03:38 AM
Last Post: Martin Eisenstadt
Question California Southern U jennaj 3 22,395 09-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Dennis Ruhl
  California Coast University is a Family Randall Flagg 1 15,979 05-27-2007, 03:01 AM
Last Post: Brian Crawford