Bear provides update on Mark Israel
John Bear posted an update on Mark Israel's medical condition, for anyone who actually cares, over at degreeinfo. For those who weren't around back then (I was just a lurker and didn't post), Israel was a nebbish who grew a set of balls while safely sitting at his computer, spouting self-righteous bullshit similar to DesElms and Gus Sainz. His typical post was characterized by savage attacks against those holding different opinions on regional accreditation. However, it was all an act. To those who read his posts, it was painfully obvious that he was just a lackey and toady for Bear who possessed delusions of grandeur that he would one day be acknowledged as a DL expert.

This Bear wannabe ran into some problems (literally) while riding his ten-speed bike 4 years ago. He got waffled by a motor vehicle at an intersction and was seriously injured. It appears that he is on the long road to recovery. Let's just hope he is a nicer person when he comes back to the DL forums than when he was here the first time around.

degreeinfo thread on Mark Israel update
Little Arminius Wrote:I was just a lurker and didn't post

But did you contribute to the Bicycle Fund?
(the mythical collection taken up to buy bicycles for all the distinguished hypocrites at DI)

Hey Engineers!  Remember: on the green light you go, on the red light you stop, and no engineer ever runs on a red light.

Unless he is an idiot like Mark Israel!

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro...cycle.html

Quote:The bicyclist rode through a red light as he headed north on Genesee Avenue and was hit by a Toyota traveling west on La Jolla Village Drive at about 7:30 a.m., Sgt. Rodney Vandiver said.

Instant karma!

[Image: 040419bike.jpg]
Intellectual elitists don't need to follow the rules. Intellectual elitists don't have to stop at red lights, or follow the dictates of common sense or even the fundamental laws of physics.  

[Image: 1mhBk2WfdWbyyZE-80YgeQwBQm-Dk45V00A0.jpg]
Intellectual elitists can ignore their responsibilities to their families too.  When intellectual elitists get their just desserts, everyone is supposed to feel ever so sorry because your family has to spend the rest of their miserable lives pushing you around in a wheel chair and changing your nappies.  Hope you enjoyed the movie, Slug Boy.
John Bear, back from his vacation in Sweden where I'm sure he became hooked on lingonberry jam, reported that Mark Israel passed away in May.

As those who follow this forum know, I had been at odds with Mark Israel from the moment I first saw one of his angry posts that often demeaned others in the DL universe with opposing views. Nevertheless, disagreements with the deceased end upon their passing. I offer my sincerest condolences to his wife, Rosie and the rest of his family.

DI link
Island-Style Fried Rice
Quote:Ingredients

* 1 1/2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
* 3 cups water
* 2 teaspoons canola oil
* 1 (12 ounce) can fully cooked luncheon meat (such as SPAM®), cubed
* 1/2 cup sliced Chinese sweet pork sausage (lup cheong)
* 3 eggs, beaten
* 2 tablespoons canola oil
* 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
* 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
* 1/2 cup chopped green onion

Directions

1. Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Let the rice cool completely.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a skillet over medium heat, and brown the luncheon meat and sausage. Set aside, and pour the beaten eggs into the hot skillet. Scramble the eggs, and set aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, and stir in the rice. Toss the rice with the hot oil until heated through and beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic powder, toss the rice for 1 more minute to develop the garlic taste, and stir in the luncheon meat, sausage, scrambled eggs, pineapple, and oyster sauce. Cook and stir until the oyster sauce coats the rice and other ingredients, 2 to 3 minutes, stir in the green onions, and serve.
A.A Mole University
B.A London Institute of Applied Research
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
M.A International Institute for Advanced Studies
Ph.D London Institute of Applied Research
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
Cool 
Just one word.... Karma!
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Little Arminius Wrote:John Bear, reported that Mark Israel passed away in May.
As those who follow this forum know, I had been at odds with Mark Israel from the moment I first saw one of his angry posts that often demeaned others in the DL universe with opposing views. Nevertheless, disagreements with the deceased end upon their passing. I offer my sincerest condolences to his wife, Rosie and the rest of his family.

Yes, sincere condolences to his wife and family.
I had lots of tussles with Mark, but on many occasions he was quite responsive to what I wrote.
I was told this came from Rev. James Clifton, although I highly doubt it.  But nonetheless, let’s all bow our heads now and join in remembrance of the departed:

Prayer for Mark Israel
Oh Lord, we gratefully acknowledge your infinite power and wisdom, and thank you for the blessings you have bestowed upon us, your humble servants.  May your heavenly plumbing function efficiently in both speed and volume as you continue to flush the most odiferous of your earthly turds down your hallowed crapper, without backup or spillage, or need for snakes, rooters or caustic solutions, directly to the eternal sewage treatment plant.  Amen.
Another of Janko's "original" translations from the Latin?
Yancy Derringer Wrote:I was told this came from Rev. James Clifton, although I highly doubt it.  But nonetheless, let’s all bow our heads now and join in remembrance of the departed:

Prayer for Mark Israel
Oh Lord, we gratefully acknowledge your infinite power and wisdom, and thank you for the blessings you have bestowed upon us, your humble servants.  May your heavenly plumbing function efficiently in both speed and volume as you continue to flush the most odiferous of your earthly turds down your hallowed crapper, without backup or spillage, or need for snakes, rooters or caustic solutions, directly to the eternal sewage treatment plant.  Amen.

Nope, didn't come from Clifton, not at all. While he and Mark tangled, Clifton is not a vengeful, bitter, mean-spirited person.
Richard Kimble Wrote:Nope, didn't come from Clifton, not at all. While he and Mark tangled, Clifton is not a vengeful, bitter, mean-spirited person.

You are correct Richard.  We know Rev. Clifton is a decent guy who can take any lame joke the fools around here can dish out.

I think that prayer probably came from Rev. Bill Howe.