What the Man is Really Saying.
I just wonder if we ever really sit back and think about what Bear is trying to say.  He tries to say that we were wrong to listen to his advice but he was right to give it. That he was right to be involved with Greenwich and CPU....and others, but we were wrong to get degrees from these schools. He wants to take credit for bashing CPU and for helping design and run the school. The man wants to be credited for being for and against the same thing.

To make it short and sweet, Bear wants to argue that yes and no are the same. Good luck  Smile  

He said unaccredited schools were good options and that the schools were real, and now?, he says that is wrong, but that he was not wrong.  ?????  I know--I know--bull shi*.  

He saying that Greenwich--CPU--Fairfax--LIAR-Millard Fillmore were all good ideas for good reasons, but that you and I are shills-liars-frauds for buying what he sold.  Nice idea that. The seller is good the buyers trash. But I seriously doubt most people (those capable of rational thought)  would see the seller as being far better than his customers. Bear is what the purchasers of his wares are.  If they are less or better because of his sales techniques and advice, then he is at the very same level, neither more nor less. If a man bought a Bear Guide and got a degree from Kennedy Western based on Bear's expert opinion that KWU was one of the best 100 schools in the US then Bear is sitting right there with the KWU graduate. He can't walk away and help Douglas and his pals laugh and sneer. He sold the idea to the people and now must accept his share of that story, and not run and hide behind the gang.

The unaccredited schools were decent choices then and NOW. The accredited schools were better then and now.  That is all Bear ever had to say to be truthful and accurate. Instead he wants to walk away completely from  his past and join the voices of the gang, ok, so be it. But we are right to remind people of who it was who spread the idea across the country in all those guides that he SOLD $$$$$$. Thousands of people have degrees from schools Bear promoted as useful and real. He said Summit was good and now makes a joke of it and the students who listened to him. If he wants to see a real old Joke, all he has to do is look into the mirror. He will see old Honest?? John, the used degree pitchman. He must be so proud to be one of the elite conmen of his times. He played both sides of the track and did retire well heeled, or so he says.  Ahhh yes, Money, the reason for so many things.
James
A.S., B.S., M.B.A.
Randall Flagg Wrote:I just wonder if we ever really sit back and think about what Bear is trying to say.  He tries to say that we were wrong to listen to his advice but he was right to give it. That he was right to be involved with Greenwich and CPU....and others, but we were wrong to get degrees from these schools. He wants to take credit for bashing CPU and for helping design and run the school. The man wants to be credited for being for and against the same thing. To make it short and sweet, Bear wants to argue that yes and no are the same. Good luck  Smile  He said unaccredited schools were good options and that the schools were real, and now?, he says that is wrong, but that he was not wrong.  ?????  I know--I know--bull shi*.  
He saying that Greenwich--CPU--Fairfax--LIAR-Millard Fillmore were all good ideas for good reasons, but that you and I are shills-liars-frauds for buying what he sold.  Nice idea that. The seller is good the buyers trash. But I seriously doubt most people (those capable of rational thought)  would see the seller as being far better than his customers. Bear is what the purchasers of his wares are.  If they are less or better because of his sales techniques and advice, then he is at the very same level, neither more nor less. If a man bought a Bear Guide and got a degree from Kennedy Western based on Bear's expert opinion that KWU was one of the best 100 schools in the US then Bear is sitting right there with the KWU graduate. He can't walk away and help Douglas and his pals laugh and sneer. He sold the idea to the people and now must accept his share of that story, and not run and hide behind the gang. The unaccredited schools were decent choices then and NOW. The accredited schools were better then and now.  That is all Bear ever had to say to be truthful and accurate. Instead he wants to walk away completely from  his past and join the voices of the gang, ok, so be it. But we are right to remind people of who it was who spread the idea across the country in all those guides that he SOLD $$$$$$. Thousands of people have degrees from schools Bear promoted as useful and real. He said Summit was good and now makes a joke of it and the students who listened to him. If he wants to see a real old Joke, all he has to do is look into the mirror. He will see old Honest?? John, the used degree pitchman. He must be so proud to be one of the elite conmen of his times. He played both sides of the track and did retire well heeled, or so he says.  Ahhh yes, Money, the reason for so many things.

IMO the only real difference between JB and Frank Abagnale is that Frank was a pleasant individual and made his fortune quicker than JB - and became slightly more infamous. Total money each of them made, by coming people, was probably about the same.
I have to agree with you, Neil. Frank was at least a likeable guy and as far as I know he only diddled the big companies.  Let's face it, Frank was a little smarter and a little faster than Bear. John had to screw more people to make the same amount.

There is a mean streak in Bear, as he now shows, that Frank did not have.  I don't know, maybe it has to do with vanity and ego that forces Bear to join up with the likes of Janko and Huffman and do the trash the victims song and dance. Can you believe that Bear actually trashed the author, John Gray, when Gray was a student at CPU when Bear was still involved with the school. Hell, he trashed one of his own students. Of course he also trashed John Walsh, supposedly one of his friends and a former business partner. The only thing more dangerous than being an enemy of Bear is to be a friend of Bear, just ask the folks at Fairfax University about former business partners.  One thing that all his efforts have in common, dislike by his former partners.  Think the former owners of CPU love Bear? don't bet on it, he screwed them too.

The man (Bear) even changed his own name to better push the products. Frank Abagnale? John Bear? they be brothers of a kind, but Frank was nicer about it.  He screwed you with a smile, while Bear did it with a sneer.
James
A.S., B.S., M.B.A.
(08-09-2007, 03:47 PM)Randall Flagg Wrote: The man (Bear) even changed his own name to better push the products. Frank Abagnale? John Bear? they be brothers of a kind, but Frank was nicer about it.  He (Abagnale) screwed you with a smile, while Bear did it with a sneer.

Let's be fair, Bear can do it with a faux smile as well. Doesn't he look great for being about 80 years-old? Big Grin

[Image: johnbear.jpg]

Nice catch Arminius. More of the notorious Klempner's anti-Christian bigotry ringing through loud and clear. No doubt just a little of his delightful "humor." Anyone who was offended is just being overly sensitive, I'm sure.

Here's another rib tickler, a bag for Klempner to do his Solstice shopping:
[Image: uT68B.jpg]
Oh, now that wasn't offensive to anyone, was it? Ha ha, it's just some more of that delightful bigot humor, get over it.
Klempner Wrote:Merry Solstice

Actually the solstice comes twice a year, so he can wear it again in June. But since Jews get 8 big days of Hannukkaahh, seems like he's shorting himself by 75%. Isn't this the 4.0 in his stats classes guy?

Something tells me the way this works for Klempner is that he collects each and every one of his eight days worth of gelt, then dumps on Christians for practicing their religion. I'm sure he would break out the anti-Kwanzaa shirt too if he could just figure out how to make some money on it.

And "Io Saturnalia" to all of you!

(12-31-2010, 06:23 AM)Winston Smith Wrote: Nice catch Arminius. More of the notorious Klempner's anti-Christian bigotry ringing through loud and clear. No doubt just a little of his delightful "humor." Anyone who was offended is just being overly sensitive, I'm sure.

Here's another rib tickler, a bag for Klempner to do his Solstice shopping:
[Image: uT68B.jpg]
Oh, now that wasn't offensive to anyone, was it? Ha ha, it's just some more of that delightful bigot humor, get over it.

Help! Heeelp! It's happening again! He..lp...h..elp...agh
A.A Mole University
B.A London Institute of Applied Research
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
M.A International Institute for Advanced Studies
Ph.D London Institute of Applied Research
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
(12-31-2010, 05:40 PM)ham Wrote: Help! Heeelp! It's happening again! He..lp...h..elp...agh

Klempner claims to be a magician. Looks like he's levitating the star thing up out of the trash. Probably so he can sell it.
(01-03-2011, 08:52 AM)WilliamW Wrote:
(12-31-2010, 05:40 PM)ham Wrote: Help! Heeelp! It's happening again! He..lp...h..elp...agh

Klempner claims to be a magician. Looks like he's levitating the star thing up out of the trash. Probably so he can sell it.

He's gonna be lucky...it's the hottest selling commodity since 1945...
A.A Mole University
B.A London Institute of Applied Research
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
M.A International Institute for Advanced Studies
Ph.D London Institute of Applied Research
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
(01-03-2011, 08:52 AM)WilliamW Wrote: Looks like he's levitating the star thing up out of the trash.

One man's "star thing" is another man's shatkona .

(01-03-2011, 01:25 PM)ham Wrote: He's gonna be lucky...it's the hottest selling commodity since 1945...

In my neighborhood the market for shatkonas probably is better than for star things.