Poll: what is REALLY going on?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
he's leaving for real
0%
0 0%
nah, just an act
100.00%
33 100.00%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

another one leaves...apparently...
Cool 
It seems the curtain call of the departing hero...who's regularly back in a fortnightSadRolleyes is typical of online experts...Johann joins the i'm-leaving club...

Which is utterly funny...if you don't feel like posting on a website, or exchanging endless tirades with degree mill shills, then just don't...it's that simple.

Quote:Hi -

Just stopped in to say goodbye until early 2012 - that's right, 2012. The only reason I'm posting my departure is to hinder any speculation (or in some cases, hope) that I might be dead, sick or incarcerated - not that more than four people care, I'm sure. Just so any guys at DLTruth who picked me for the "Dead Pool" don't claim their money yet!

The reason? Mostly that I've been wasting a lot of time in circular arguments -- drubbing mugs who continue to defend their "degrees," bought, faked or both. That accomplishes nothing. I regret:

(a) boring readers
(b) wasting time

There are learning and other opportunities I should explore. See you (maybe) in 2012, not before.

Cheers

Johann

Ah, le prime donne!
A.A Mole University
B.A London Institute of Applied Research
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
M.A International Institute for Advanced Studies
Ph.D London Institute of Applied Research
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
(11-28-2010, 01:58 AM)ham Wrote: Ah, le prime donne!

Johannn has a long way to go before anybody knows or cares enough about him to put money on his demise. Likewise, why he thinks anyone cares if he's posting or not posting is a mystery to me. Legends in their own empty minds, the whole lot of them.

Unless maybe you were trying to establish an alibi to absolve yourself of some nefarious activities ("It couldn't have been me, I was on hiatus the whole time; look at my posts at online losers dot net...")

Perhaps my memory isn't what it once was, ... but hasn't Johann pulled this stunt several times before. I seem to recall Johann announcing that he was leaving the online.degree.net forum several years back, only to turn up at DI and DD a short time later (and documented here, of course). People at online.degree.net, where he was responsible for 25% of the posts, begged him to come back despite the fact that they were claiming 10,000+ members at the time.

The late Uncle J used to pull that same stunt episodically, Quinn Tyler Jackson did it seemingly in sync with the phases of the moon (or some other activity that takes place monthly) and Rich "Bomber" Douglas has done it most recently. In regards to announcing their departure, every one of them missed a salient point ... in the big scheme of things no one gave a $hit. That's right, no one really cared if Uncle J needed to pull away from DI/DD for a few weeks or a month (or forever) to reflect on some bigger issue in life (like the dwindling numbers of members of his congregation). Maybe some jerk like Lerner was a bit disappointed but even to some sycophant like him, Unc's departure was quickly forgotten.

This is all lost on Johann. I like him, he is somewhat curmudgeonly but likable. He often makes valid points but appears to be genuinely suprised that the DI/DD starting lineup (Bear, Gollin, Sainz, Bruce the Cop, Levicoff, Douglas and a few other idiots) don't immediately embrace all that he says. While he may fancy himself a sage, the major DL players view him as an annoyance. If Johann wants to take 2011 off from posting about DL, good for him. Maybe he'll find himself a new girlfriend, or perhaps he'll reconnect with his children and grandchildren. In any event, the important thing is to just to it. Don't write about how you've been considering a sabbatical, don't make any hand-wringing last posts about how you've agonized over the decision, don't conduct a poll (though that would be pretty funny), JUST LEAVE QUIETLY AND WITHOUT ANY FANFARE!!!

Steve Levicoff seems to agree with my approach to this issue though he still felt the need to denigrate this fine forum and cast aspersions on its members. Some things never change.

http://www.degreediscussion.com/forums/v...f=2&t=7759
Quote:No, the dude over at DLT got it right (whichever identity he was using at the time). If you want to make your last post, make it (and make it a good one - which, quite frankly, you did), and get out. Without the drama.

I have no interest in manufacturing phony "identities" online...that makes as much sense as stripping naked in front of the pc when you don't even have a webcam.
But if "online identities" are all there is, "Jewish homosexual turned Christian who's got a doctorate but drives a truck" is hard to beat.
The problem with these people is that they demand to be taken seriously...
A.A Mole University
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
Of course there could only be one person on the planet who thinks Gollum and Lefkowitz are assholes. Rolleyes Unless they are being beseiged by negative comments for their conduct, in which case it's now a "gang of thugs." They think it's like BK, have it your way. Tell whichever lie fits the situation and hope nobody remembers the last one.
While one leaves, another one returns. After an extended absence Peter French took a few moments to post an inane comment at degreedisgusted before returning to his bogus hospitality school. The school seems to be more like a front to get Malaysians into Australia than a genuine school.
(12-08-2010, 07:25 AM)Geoff Vankirk Wrote: While one leaves, another one returns. After an extended absence Peter French took a few moments to post an inane comment at degreedisgusted before returning to his bogus hospitality school. The school seems to be more like a front to get Malaysians into Australia than a genuine school.

It's hard to tell the Ozzies apart, especially when they are passed out in their own drool. Brown is the one associated with the bogus hospitality school. French is the one with the four bogus doctorates.
(11-28-2010, 01:58 AM)ham Wrote: Johann joins the i'm-leaving club...

Johann still posting at ToelickerInfo, most recently yesterday, and others before that on 12/6 and 12/3. Like most of what the "experts" post, we know not to believe a word of it.

Maybe one of those "opportunities" he claimed he was pursuing had something to do with a role in one of Chip's special features?
(12-09-2010, 01:39 PM)Don Dresden Wrote:

Johann still posting at ToelickerInfo, most recently yesterday, and others before that on 12/6 and 12/3. Like most of what the "experts" post, we know not to believe a word of it.

Maybe one of those "opportunities" he claimed he was pursuing had something to do with a role in one of Chip's special features?

Quod erat demonstrandum
A.A Mole University
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
(12-09-2010, 05:52 PM)ham Wrote:
(12-09-2010, 01:39 PM)Don Dresden Wrote:

Quod erat demonstrandum

Johann showed that he's just what we've been saying about him all along - a lying, pervert lovin' hypocrite. He likes to posture that he's above the down and dirty discourse that sometimes takes place but in his sly way he's actually worse. Remember Johann, those who lay down with dirty dogs wake up with fleas!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apparently He Has Lost It Ben Johnson 25 103,303 11-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Last Post: ham