National Review: Trump University was a sham
The National Review is hardly anyone's idea of a liberal publication. So if they are taking a shot at the Republican nominee for President and the institution which bares his name it pekes my interest. Read on....

This article goes back to February but I think its still noteworthy.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/432...rsity-scam

In all fairness I believe what happened was that Donald is that he was approached by investors looking to start a school which featured lecture by supposed experts. Donald then sold his name to the school and let the school run itself.

Students were admitted to ten lectures on real estate investment by nobodys. No one who paid reports seeing Trump.
Would take Trump U any day over leftist Clinton fraud Walden.

Quote:Bill Clinton’s pay at for-profit education company topped $17.5 million
By Michael Stratford
08/12/16 05:17 PM EDT

Bill Clinton was paid more than $1 million in 2015 by Laureate Education, a global operator of for-profit colleges, according to tax returns released today by Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

The new figure brings the former president’s total compensation from Laureate to more than $17.5 million for his five-year role as an “honorary chancellor.” His role consisted of advising the company on educational matters and traveling to campuses across the world to speak to young people. Clinton ended his position at Laureate in April 2015 after Hillary Clinton launched her bid for the White House.

Laureate International Universities, the company’s international arm for which Clinton worked, has donated $1 million to $5 million to the Clinton Foundation, with a new contribution made as recently as the second quarter of this year, according to records posted on the foundation’s website.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has criticized Hillary Clinton’s connection to Laureate. Trump has accused her of having "laundered" money through Laureate while she was secretary of state — a charge that has been discredited by fact-checkers. House Republicans have asked the feds to investigate the Clintons’ ties to Laureate.

Laureate says that its international operations represent the largest global network of degree-granting universities in the world, enrolling more than 1 million students across 28 countries. In the United States, the company owns Walden University, a Minneapolis-based online school that the Education Department has placed on a list of colleges that officials are more closely monitoring because of concerns over its “financial responsibility.”

Laureate is in the process of going public. It filed for an initial public offering last fall.
I am familiar with Walden University. It used to have an Engineering program. But I believe they dropped it. They still have an IT program that is pretty good.

I had no idea Bill Clinton had any involvement with this operation. I really wonder why a DL college would be offering a former President so much money. Maybe its a bribe to get accreditation or something.

I guess its between Bill and the school.

I do know that I would not pony up 30K for a real estate program where I do not even get to meet Donald Trump. For that kind of money I would demand a little face time.
Quote: I had no idea Bill Clinton had any involvement with this operation. I really wonder why a DL college would be offering a former President so much money. Maybe its a bribe to get accreditation or something.

Quote:Clinton Cash revealed, and Bloomberg confirmed, that Laureate funneled Bill Clinton $16.46 million over five years while Hillary Clinton’s State Dept. pumped at least $55 million to a group run by Laureate’s founder and chairman, Douglas Becker, a man with strong ties to the Clinton Global Initiative. Laureate has donated between $1 million and $5 million (donations are reported in ranges, not exact amounts) to the Clinton Foundation
A.A Mole University
B.A London Institute of Applied Research
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
M.A International Institute for Advanced Studies
Ph.D London Institute of Applied Research
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
Most students at Trump U. paid $1,500 for a 3 day course.  Nothing unusual about that.  Can I sue for all those useless seminars and course that me or my employer paid for over the years?  I assume there are 100 similar real estate courses at a similar price.  Mind you, the people suing have Donald Trump to fleece and a racist Mexican judge revenging Trump's slight of moist dorsums.
IMHO, ties to Bill Clinton not withstanding, Walden University did not really rip anyone off. For the most part it was a normal online university. It was little different than, say, University of Phoenix. Perhaps there were some complaints but that is not unusual for a DL Program.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Prof" O = SHAM! Winston Smith 1 12,509 04-13-2010, 07:29 AM
Last Post: ham