Is Uncle Janko a vegetarian, too?
Quote:by uncle janko on Sun May 27, 2007 1:05 pm
No apologies necessary, but we vegetarians ask: you gonna eat that?

just another weird degreediscussion thread

It is an old post on a newly revived thread that I had previously missed. Of course I'm not suprised ... we're dealing with Uncle Janko, who, I'm sure, isn't a generic vegetarian but instead adheres to some rare sub-category of vegetarianism. Undoubtedly he also has a story behind his turn to vegetarianism, which he'll gladly share if someone foolishly asks him for his rationale.
There is hope. Vegetarianism is a mental illness that can be cured. I hear the lack of animal protein can bring on a pronounced limp.
I think all the more that uncle Janko is the stereotypical internet fraud. Have you ever met (in real life) those clowns who are the laughing stock of the neighborhood, and who regularly put forward a wild array of diverse, often conflicting, always mesmerizing and mind-boggling claims?
Always saying something to turn heads and to add one more gem to the imaginary crown they wear in their delusion?
As I said, the entire neighborhood gets to know them & figure them out quickly...it isn't unusual that they are teased to spin their yarn to amuse bystanders.
The internet makes it harder to spot the broke prankster who claims to own seven diamond mines in Natal...or other such buffoons, but uncle Janko leaves no doubt I think...
A.A Mole University
B.A London Institute of Applied Research
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
M.A International Institute for Advanced Studies
Ph.D London Institute of Applied Research
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
Quote:Posted by ham - Today 10:49 AM

Have you ever met (in real life) those clowns who are the laughing stock of the neighborhood, and who regularly put forward a wild array of diverse, often conflicting, always mesmerizing and mind-boggling claims?

Unfortunately all too often. I always assumed that as I got older those type of Cliff Clavin-type characters would become increasingly rare. I was sure that those types would eventually marry, have a family and mature, or at the very least, make a concious decision to STFU and not be thought of as the village idiot. I was wrong.
Little Arminius Wrote:I was sure that those types would eventually marry, have a family and mature, or at the very least, make a concious decision to STFU and not be thought of as the village idiot. I was wrong.

Have kids? Remember the Sponge Bob episode where Sponge Bob can't get into the Salty Spitoon because he's not tough enough and has to go to Weenie Hut Jr. instead?  

Janko reminds me of the two geeks at Weenie Hut Jr. arguing about Mega Weenie Monday.  

Quote:Spongebob: Patrick, what’re you doing here?
Patrick: I’m always here on Double Weenie Wednesdays.
Nerd 1: Actually they moved Double Weenie Wednesday to Friday.
Nerd 2: And besides, today’s Monday.
Patrick: Oh, so it’s Mega Weenie Monday?
Nerd 1: Uh, that’s now on Sunday.
Patrick: Barnacles!
Nerd 2: Super Weenie Hut Jr’s has a Mega Weenie Monday.
Nerd 1: Uh, no, you’re thinking of Monster Weenie Monday…

Janko doesn't quite get the difference between esoteric and inconsequential.  He's sitting at the Mega Weenie counter talking to himself about something nobody cares about.

I also like his role as the unofficial DD greeter.  "Welcome to the board, we have our eyes on you.  Don't post anything contra-doctrinaire, or somebody with more balls and technical understanding than me will delete it."  Sort of like the punchy Joe Louis staggering around shaking hands in some tacky hotel lobby.  Not because they really need him, but they kind of feel sorry for him and want to give him something to do since he can't do anything else.
Quote:I also like his role as the unofficial DD greeter. "Welcome to the board, we have our eyes on you. Don't post anything contra-doctrinaire, or somebody with more balls and technical understanding than me will delete it." Sort of like the punchy Joe Louis staggering around shaking hands in some tacky hotel lobby. Not because they really need him, but they kind of feel sorry for him and want to give him something to do since he can't do anything else.

internet oddballs who come home from their work as 'managing health inspector for the city council', which decoded means they are the guy who DRIVES the sanitation department truck to pick up garbage and deeply savor the adrenaline rush as they type online the nonsense of the day...triracial ancestry...survived six labour camps...vegetarian...in the food line next to them there is this guy who owns three diamond mines in Natal, online of course; and who'd guess the guy in the trailer down the road wears blue spandex and red cape fighting crime at night...online, naturally.
A.A Mole University
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
I guess that Uncle J forgot that he was a vegetarian. Big Grin

DD thread in which Janko states that he is a vegetarian

DD thread about Janko eating gulyas

What suprise does Unc have in store for us next? Will he wax poetically about a crisp Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand that he had with dinner or is he still a teetotaler? Tongue
Little Arminius Wrote:I guess that Uncle J forgot that he was a vegetarian.  Big Grin

DD thread in which Janko states that he is a vegetarian

DD thread about Janko eating gulyas

What suprise does Unc have in store for us next? Will he wax poetically about a crisp Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand that he had with dinner or is he still a teetotaler?  Tongue

I told this countless times: liars need very good memory.
Or they may mix and match what they told different people...
Was the last million they made from a diamond mine in Natal...or from oil in Texas...?
Did they say they won three karate gold medals in 1985...or was it 1995 they said? No wait, in 1995 it was bronze medals in gymnastics...
PFFT!
A.A Mole University
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
The meat that UJ craves is mentioned in the post by Levicoff.

http://www.degreediscussion.com/forums/v...f=2&t=6139

In realitym, the only thing Levicoff has that's 10 inches is the drool on his chin.
Levicoff's attempt at humor was lost to all except Jack Tracey and Jimmy C.

More interesting was Uncle Janko's comment about having had his diss proposal stolen by an Australian professor who then gave it to his student-girlfriend!!! (or was it stolen by the one-armed man? Big Grin )

uncle janko Wrote:I agree. Having had a dissertation proposal stolen by an Australian professor* and given to a student-paramour, if I ever have a dissertation in-progress, I'd prefer to keep it to myself (as I do with other things under discussion here).

*The offender is no longer associated with the Australian university in question, which punished the professor on other matters of academic misbehaviour. Therefore, there is no need to identify the university, upon whose good name this bad conduct is no reflection.

C'mon, as illusionists and performers Penn and Teller would say, "That's Bullshit!"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Uncle Janko Killed in Car Crash True Patriot 47 239,216 01-30-2016, 03:45 PM
Last Post: ham
  Uncle Janko is DEAD ShotoJuku 2 17,374 01-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Last Post: DBAinAccounting
  Positive Comments by Uncle Janko Little Arminius 0 9,147 10-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Little Arminius
  Nosborne talks his way out of trouble with a pissed off Uncle Janko Little Arminius 2 16,210 09-25-2008, 06:21 AM
Last Post: Dennis Ruhl
  Will Jimmy C. write-in Uncle Janko for President? Little Arminius 1 13,195 09-24-2008, 01:29 AM
Last Post: Fort Bragg
  Bomber Douglas, Uncle Janko continue to dis' Tenured Prof Little Arminius 1 13,396 06-28-2008, 06:17 AM
Last Post: Herbert Spencer
  Where will Uncle Janko go when Degreediscussion folds? Little Arminius 1 13,596 05-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Herbert Spencer
Big Grin Uncle Janko bitch slaps Jigamafloo Little Arminius 1 13,935 05-13-2008, 10:31 PM
  Speaking of Uncle Janko ... Little Arminius 3 19,827 01-02-2008, 06:06 PM
  uncle janko Ben Johnson 9 43,954 12-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Randall Flagg