Gotta Love the Instant Experts
From Degreediscussion:

http://www.degreeinfo.com/showthread.php?t=31880

Quote:AuditGuy  
Registered User   Join Date: Oct 2005

They violated their own policy which is the most interesting part.

"According to a 1994 ordinance regarding education pay increases for city employees, any full-time employee who has received a four-year degree in a job-related area from an accredited college, university or professional school is eligible for the incentive."

"have some schools allowed KW graduates into graduate programs but a couple actually are employees at regionally accredited schools."

I'm not aware of instances of acceptance into grad school.

I do recall instances where a faculty listed a KWU "degree", but mention of the degree on their bios generally disappear quickly.  

There would be hundreds of students gaining admission to accredited grad schools and hundreds more with KWU/WNU degrees teaching at accredited schools.  Not being aware of any instances shows only one thing - ignorance through lack of research.

WNU spent some time as a candidate for regional accreditation and as such met the criteria for recognition at a vast number of schools.
AuditGuy Wrote:I'm not aware of instances of acceptance into grad school.

Gotta love how, within minutes, -kevin- posts of finding one--an RA MBA with a BS from KWU.  Probably took him a couple minutes to read the post, a couple minutes to google it, and another couple minutes to post his reply.

That really shows you just how vacuous the "research" is at Debris Inflow.  "I think," "I feel," "I believe," but no actual time spent verifying the thoughts, feelings and beliefs.  When somebody does actually spend a few seconds looking it up, the answers are all different.

"I think" AuditGuy is full of shit.

"I feel" AuditGuy should stick to sending anonymous emails and give up the editorializing.

"I believe" AuditGuy couldn't find his ass with both hands.
Quote:http/www.brownmackie.edu/MichiganCity/AboutUs/Faculty.aspx
“Susan K. Zolvinski
MBA, Argosy University
BS, Kennedy Western University
AAS, Commonwealth Business College”

Well, there are people displaying a number of unaccredited or blatantly millish degrees.
If it is understandable that non-academics in the outside world might be fooled basically because they failed to do their homework, academics or universities just cannot be excused because it's their job.

I think -as always- that is another Ward Churchill "before" picture...the individual may have the right friends, the right kind of family name, the right kind of introduction that forgive a lot of sins.
I already mentioned an Athabasca professor bringing his much younger wife aboard as postgraduate faculty (on the faculty list) when she did not have a doctorate yet...for all I know, she might be a sheer genius...or probably the same strategy wouldn't serve me and it serves her because she has the right contacts while I don't; I know it blatantly flies in the face of many accepted standards such as fairness negating nepotism, but those standards are good for the unwashed nobodies who got no friends. As Robespierre once said when the issue of poverty was mentioned, wealth brings so many problems that we shall pity those unfortunate enough to have it.

Certainly such situations are "time bombs"...a Ward Churchill silent gene that may trigger a terrible illness at any given moment should such people either overstep a line or be exposed thus becoming a burden...
A.A Mole University
B.A London Institute of Applied Research
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
M.A International Institute for Advanced Studies
Ph.D London Institute of Applied Research
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
Quote:Well, there are people displaying a number of unaccredited or blatantly millish degrees.
If it is understandable that non-academics in the outside world might be fooled basically because they failed to do their homework, academics or universities just cannot be excused because it's their job.

It's easy for an enrollment counselor to figure out the value of a "life experience degree," but in the case of short term degrees which require a little work it really depends what kind of work the school is giving them.

For example, it's possible to earn 120 RA credits with 30 hours of aggregated testing via CLEP.

That's why all of these bozos at degreediscussion.com really need to stop calling any place that gives out short term degrees "degree mills".

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DEGREEINFO EXPERTS DE PUTA MADRE ham 6 34,164 11-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Herbert Spencer