John Bear--CPU, Yes he Did!!
Topic: Columbia Pacific--AED

"My position was as a consultant. Co-founders Les Carr and Richard Crews asked me to help them design a distance program of merit, and I was happy to participate."
--John Bear--AED--Oct. 10, 2002 

And so began John's journey hyping what he helped design and partly owned.
"I deny referring students solely to CPU. More than 25 years ago, I recommended that clients who told me, on my questionnaire, that they would consider an unaccredited degree, that they consider CPU and other comparable State-Approved Schools."
--John Bear--DL Truth--2/07/07

CPU as a standard then. Either CPU or others of equal quality, all unaccredited. How interesting. One must wonder if he told each that he was a minority owner? I bet there was a nice little fee for each student that enrolled.
Suggesting some decent unaccredited schools to clients who said they would consider decent unaccredited schools? What a concept. Guilty as charged. (Of course 90+ percent of my clients were never told about CPU, because they said they only wanted schools with recognized accreditation.) For the record, I operated Degree Consulting Services from the mid-70s until December 8, 1980, then sold it to the retiring Vice Chancellor of UCLA.

Did I tell people that I was a 5% owner of CPU? Yes. Also mentioned it regularly in my books and articles, too.

Did I get a fee for each student who enrolled at CPU? Never. Never never never. Not one penny. Not ever. The only 'per student' arrangement I ever had was with Heriot-Watt University, the 200-year-old Royal Chartered Scottish university for which my company was the U.S. marketing agent for nine years. We bought courses at a discount, and sold them to students at the public rate. Had nothing whatsoever to do with the academic end of things.
Hmmm, a decent unaccredited school. Nice to see you admit that. Have you told the gang about your change of heart? I bet ole Lev and Chipper would be astounded by this reversal. I guess that unaccredited can be more than "TERRIBLE OR A MILL" as you have most recently claimed. Nice to see you saying what you did in the 70's and 80's. BUT here is the clinker, John, which do you "REALLY MEAN" mills/terrible, or, do you really mean decent?

John Bear says that an unaccredited school can be a decent school. Smile 2015---must have gone retro.

Now as to the 90% thingy. You have not proved that is accurate. You seem to be stuck on the 90% stuff. You may want to go with 80% or maybe 75%. Change it up once in awhile. It will seem more, shall we say, less crappy-made up "BS".

Now you would have me believe that your clients who used Century, CPU, Int. Institute, CCU, Summit, PWU all love you and wish to shake your hands for saying to anyone with a camera or note pad that unaccredited schools are suspect, frauds, or mills. Hmmmm, I don't think so. Me thinks you have fudged the numbers as you always have.
Guess what school ole John listed as a real school and then turned out to be a flaming DEGREE MILL?"

Columbia State University--Yep--he did it. Smile
Look in the 10th edition Guide, page 102, and there she is, big as life.
John gives it two apples, means it's a state authorized school. He then gives the contact man--Ronald Pellar--phone number-- and address. By the by, 4 apples meant accredited--3 meant state approved--2 meant state licensed--1 meant no official recognition.
There is not ONE word negative about this mill. John didn't have a clue it was milling faster than a flour mill.
Years later, John, following the work of others really blasts CSU. Day late and a buck short. One can only guess how many people got stuck because of the listing in the guide.

John was an excellent guide. If you don't mind being lost a lot. Smile

Now tell me how 95% of the people saw through your poor listing and read you secret thoughts, or was it 90%, I FORGET....... Smile

I FACT... 95% people don't believe you, John. I'm sure that's the correct figure, BECAUSE I just made it up toooooo........... You know, I sort of like 95%. makes it sound so real.
(06-05-2015, 06:45 AM)jhc7 Wrote: Guess what school ole John listed as a real school and then turned out to be a flaming DEGREE MILL?"

Columbia State University--Yep--he did it. Smile  
Look in the 10th edition Guide, page 102, and there she is, big as life.

I really did that, eh? You sure it is really my book, and not one of the three very skillful counterfeit copies of my book that Pellar published, changing the listing or rating for his school, but almost nothing else? If I really did this, then I made big mistake 25 years ago. Cancel my application for sainthood.
You can always look it up. I'm sure you can find it. if not I'll be happy to remind you of what you said, concerning this, and your many other flip-flops. I wonder, which pays the most, the flip or the flop?

Is California Coast good, as you said, or excellent as you said, or, is it almost useless, as you also said? Smile

Said-said-said---- I wonder if any reality in either of the "saids."

The Sainthood thing, already cancled, God's still laughing. Couldn't believe you submitted the application, said something about it being unaccredited.
One thing that interests me. Why, when Jimmy Clifton said he was proud of his Summit University degree did you and the gang go after him so viciously? I mean you really hammered him. Was it that much fun trying to crush some guy who had simply taken your advice? I get, Levicoff and Chip. They ain't right. They think outside any normal box, but you, I don't get that, why???
Rev. Clifton and I have had a fairly extensive and always cordial private mail and email communication over the years, including the time before, during, and after the matter you mention. We get along OK. He has donated to a charity I supported, and I have done the same for one of his.
(06-10-2015, 07:17 AM)JohnBear Wrote: Rev. Clifton and I have had a fairly extensive and always cordial private mail and email communication over the years, including the time before, during, and after the matter you mention. We get along OK. He has donated to a charity I supported, and I have done the same for one of his.

Typical Klempner: a delightful anecdote in lieu of a direct answer to the question.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's funny-By John Bear jamesc1 61 283,796 01-16-2015, 08:14 AM
Last Post: jhc7
  A Better Unaccredited School-By John Bear jamesc1 3 24,508 10-08-2013, 06:18 AM
Last Post: jamesc1
  The truth about John Bear and Degreeinfo Trevor Nigel 18 125,563 05-31-2013, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Fort Bragger
  John Bear, a licensed minister of American Fellowship Church Bwana 5 43,070 02-23-2013, 12:43 AM
Last Post: Armando Ramos
  What John Bear really said!! jamesc1 50 264,065 02-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Last Post: bigfoot
  Another John Bear Lie RespectableGent 55 277,906 12-18-2012, 07:13 AM
Last Post: jamesc1
  John Bear actually recommended Kennedy-Western? Virtual Bison 57 308,592 03-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Last Post: ham
  Don't Quote John Bear !! Randall Flagg 11 64,309 02-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Last Post: ham
  John Bear finds DL connection ... Little Arminius 4 27,117 09-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Little Arminius
  dr.JOHN BEAR backing up questionable ICHM? ham 1 16,634 04-07-2009, 03:06 AM
Last Post: Geoff Vankirk