BSU and Gollin
I've been wondering why Gollin has set his sights on Breyer State as a first priority after the demise of SRU? There are dozens of large and very successful diploma mills around that offer no courses, have no faculty and make no secret of the fact that they sell degrees.

At least BSU does offer programs of study, it has a faculty and there's nowhere any suggestion that they will mail you a degree as soon as your payment is cleared. Actually Gollin himself in his responses to a poster at DD sort of admitted that BSU offers courses of study, although he questioned the adequacy of these courses. Gollin actually stated that the number of courses for a bachelor's degree at BSU was not the same as in proper universities, to which the said poster replied that BSU bachelor programs include only courses related to the major and not general education courses like in regular American universities. The poster also added that he found the BSU program of the same level and rigor as the program of an accredited university he had also graduated from.

So, why BSU in particular and not one of the outright mills is now being attacked on all fronts? There is only one explanation, BSU was once upon a time affiliated with SRU. It is obvious that the purpose of this affiliation on the part of BSU was respectability, as at that early time most people were convinced that SRU had accreditation from a legitimate foreign MoE. Also, the president of BSU was at one time a member of the SRU faculty, and some SRU graduates served for a while on BSU's faculty.

It is more than certain that Gollin has a network of connections through which he can achieve many things in the world of education. I'm certain he is behind BSU's loss of license in Alabama. I'm also certain that the naming of BSU as a diploma mill that swindles people in that report by the Alabama authorities is also Gollin's work. That naming is clearly disproportionate to the reasons given for denying license renewal to BSU. These reasons were purely technical, they could have asked BSU to comply if they believed they were in breach of a number of regulations. Obviously they didn't.

Now Gollin has proceeded to stage two of his BSU project which is a continuation of his SRU project. He is outing BSU graduates through his connections with journalists and local education authorities. Gollin is obsessed with everything that has or had any connection, no matter how remote, with SRU. He pays only lip service to the genuine eradication of diploma mills, his targets are a select few and the main one among them is SRU and whatever or whoever were or he assumed them to be connected with it.

I expect that at the end Gollin will succeed in bringing about the demise of BSU, he has the connections and the power to do it. The question is, what will be there for Gollin after that? There will be a vacuum which Gollin will try for a while to fill by digging up and posting information about people once connected with SRU, BSU, etc., by outing graduates, and by regurgitating old stories about these outfits. But, that can't last forever, he'll have to find something else on which to unload some of the gall and the bitterness of spirit he has accumulated inside him.

Unless, of course, he connects his personal dots and realizes at last that he is not as impotent, powerless and vulnerable as he thinks he is, that he is able to confront his real problems face to face. Then and only then, he may become a genuine and productive activist in the eradication of diploma mills from the face of higher education.
I don't know what kind of access to information legislation Alabama has but maybe Breyer State should request the complete file including all emails relating to the school. If anyone was feeding information to Alabama authorities that can't survive scrutiny and a decision was made using information of which the school was unaware and not give the opportunity to rebut perhaps there are grounds for a really big lawsuit.
Quote:It is more than certain that Gollin has a network of connections

has the man lost charisma in your eyes or what?
Big Grin
A.A Mole University
B.A London Institute of Applied Research
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
M.A International Institute for Advanced Studies
Ph.D London Institute of Applied Research
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
ham Wrote:
Quote:It is more than certain that Gollin has a network of connections

has the man lost charisma in your eyes or what?
Big Grin

Charisma? Maybe we should all vote for Obama as our next president, because as a motivational speaker running for office he has "charisma?"
Quote:Charisma? Maybe we should all vote for Obama as our next president, because as a motivational speaker running for office he has "charisma?"

Obama's main 'charisma' Big GrinRolleyes is to be a mulatto with a black FATHER and a white MOTHER...I'm not sure it'd equally work if his father had been white and his mother black.
Analysts were having a good time measuring his 'mandingo appeal' over white women...Rolleyes
Now the mulatto in all its versions haunts the psyche of the West since time immemorial...
I read countless scholarly articles claiming that P.E Trudeau and C.Taylor (?)...Trudeau had a francophone father and an anglophone mother, while Taylor had an anglophone father and a francophone mother...
I am talking about soap-opera, sock-puppet mulattos...real mulattos, like the French-Indian Métis who ruled Manitoba in its beginning have been unmercifully exterminated.
A.A Mole University
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
ham Wrote:I am talking about soap-opera, sock-puppet mulattos...real mulattos, like the French-Indian Métis who ruled Manitoba in its beginning have been unmercifully exterminated.

What you really meant to say was intergrated into white society. I must know 100 of them.
Fort Bragg Wrote:
ham Wrote:I am talking about soap-opera, sock-puppet mulattos...real mulattos, like the French-Indian Métis who ruled Manitoba in its beginning have been unmercifully exterminated.

What you really meant to say was intergrated into white society. I must know 100 of them.

integrated?
I see no mulattos living in the woods...everybody lives within society, but Obama was engineered to be a messiah.
In reality i suppose he's more like Toro Moreno the boxer in THE HARDER THEY FALL with Humphrey Bogart...he believed to be a top boxing champion, but was just being used by a gang of racketeers...
By the way...
Most of those belonging to categories that march protesting because they are not integrated or held back know all too well how to apply for welfare benefits, 'positive discrimination' schemes and other freebies coming from the very heart of the society they are marching to protest they are no part of...
RolleyesRolleyes
Not integrated people live in a cabin along the river...
A.A Mole University
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
Many of the people I know with the same surnames as those who fought with Louis Riel have blond hair and blue eyes. In the 138 years since Canada annexed the Northwest Territories the Metis have attached themselves to the white culture because they had little desire to live on reserves. The historical Metis of 1870 Manitoba and 1885 Saskatchewan for the most part simply lived as part of an ordinary community as farmers or merchants and intermarried with non-Metis and simply became part of society.

One red haired freckled Metis women I knew was really ticked off with US border people. As a leftover from Jay's Treaty natives can move freely accross the border. She was going back to her job in the US when some apparently racist guard made the decision that regardless of Canadian government ID, a native shouldn't have red hair and freckles.

I don't know that Metis in general are significantly poorer than average or have any less opportunity. There are notable millionaires and a lot I know are wealthier than me. There is an active group complaining of discrimination but who doesn't have a special interest group?
At some point Manitoba was a Metis-majority land and French-speaking.
After the repression almost nothing was left.
Metis were the only highly politicized mulatto society.
Riel wanted to create a country; Toussaint Louverture (African-haitian revolt leader ) barely led slaves into uprising.
Warm-heart whiteys love sock-puppet, operetta mulattos and hire professional to calculate 'mandingo I.Q', but hate people like the Metis (who know exist as a mere anthropological curiosity ).
Riel's Métis wanted a country, not MTV, basketball and welfare cheques...but they're gone.
A.A Mole University
B.Sc Millard Fillmore
Ph.D Millard Fillmore
Apparently my point is not getting through. Manitoba has 1 million people of which 200,000 have some degree of native ancestry. The Metis were not exterminated nor did they disappear. They are us.

At the time of the short-lived Metis government at Red River in 1870 there were 5,700 French Metis, 4,500 English mixed race, and about 1,500 whites. Note that the 5,700 French Metis were not exactly 1/2 native. On average it was less than that. Louis Riel was 1/8 native. In truth he was a fine Irish descended lad with ancestors named O'Reilly. Any animosity toward Metis would have been for their Catholicism and French language as much as their race.

The thing about Metis people is that they keep making new ones from present day relationships. These people tend to look to the Red River Metis as their antecedents which they are not.