Another John Bear Lie
Beautifully stated Martin....just for S&G I requested a document attesting to the status of California's STATE APPROVED recognition of PWU...Hawaii also sent a "certificate of good standing"... complete with the state seal of Hawaii, prior to it's closure. I should get my copy from Sacramento any day now....I spoke with a state employee from BPPE...he stated that as far as the state of California is concerned California Pacific University is every bit as legal and valid as UCLA or any Cal State University....out of his own mouth he professed this! He also stated that the state of California does not endorse any public or private school in California over another...all are equally legal and valid
Pacific Western University was located at 1650 Westwood Blvd. Los Angeles CA 90024...the University received full institutional "APPROVAL" from the bureau on 5-14-96. This STATE APPROVAL was granted by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education, which was the predecessor to the current BPPE (Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education), which was established in Oct. 2009. On 2-2-2006, PWU moved to 9750 Miramar Rd. Suite 180, San Diego CA 92126. According to the BPPE records on 1-30-07, Pacific Western University changed their name to California Miramar University. The school's approval will expire on 6-3-2014. California Miramar University received national accreditation from the Distance Education and Training Council on 6-9-09. Furthermore the University was never "authorized"...it was always "STATE APPROVED" by the state of California and recognized by the Superintendent of Public Instruction CA State Dept. of Education. Nuff Said!
The first graduating class from UC Merced, graduated with unaccredited degrees...yes, that's right!...this UC school did not receive regional accreditation until it's fifth year of being open to students! The logic being that those students who graduated a year before receiving RA, would theoretically have nothing more than an UNACCREDITED DEGREE!... States such as Nevada and Texas and Washington could charge a graduate with a "crime" if they were to live in those states, and attempted to use their degree for employment...sounds pretty foolish.. doesn't it?...it is! Yet these states have listened to the inane prattling of men like Bear/Klempner and Contrerass for years....and this is the fruit, born from the tree of this lunacy! I still have yet to see a single Bear "guide to distance learning" at the book store, not even his older, worthless guides are seen anymore...haven't seen one in a bookstore for yeeeears....LMAO!...Wonder why?
would love to hear Contrerass and Bear discuss the UC Merced situation, for students who graduated with an unaccredited degree...many already have...bet they put some spin on it that makes allowances for UC schools and government schools...that's not honesty folks...that's called duplicity!
I know what he says. Several times he said that a degree from a RA school that was unaccredited at the time would be considered to be accredited once RA was achieved. Makes no sense does it. I mean unaccredited is unaccredited, right? Maybe not. Now what would Bear say about California Coast or Pacific Western? Would he give them the same pass? Of course he wouldn't. And there my friends is the Bull Sh** that he spouts. His truths are what he wants them to be at the time. He just makes it up as he goes along, much like used car salesmen.

The big problem with Bear is his unwillingness to stand by his opinions and statements. I'm not even sure he remembers what he has said. He once got real hot under the collar and did a rant after I quoted from one of his old guides. (Had to do with his tenure at Greenwich) That makes me believe that he has changed so many stories so many times that he has no idea what the truth really is in some cases. Of course he also just out and out lies if it suits him. And it's a hell of a time trying to figure out if he's mistaken or lying. Not that it makes much difference. The customers of his past schools and advice still take the screwing.

I guess I could just ask him if he's lying or just not sure, but, methinks he would just rant / whine all the louder. Rolleyes
Another Bear/Klempner specialty was linking up the words "diploma mill" and "illegal" on Wikipedia, when a person would google schools such as California Pacific University and other California State Approved universities, these defamatory words would often pop-up at the bottom of the page. Apparently, Bear and his band of "cyberslanderers" have been thwarted in their efforts to besmirch these schools further, as it now appears they have been "blocked" from posting these defamatory words on Wikipedia, as in days past. I can only imagine the problems this asshole caused... for so many people, by posting these libelous words on the internet...the man is a professional detractor...I use the word "man" loosely, when referring to Bear/Klempner...
(11-13-2012, 07:04 AM)bigfoot Wrote: Another Bear/Klempner specialty was linking up the words "diploma mill" and "illegal" on Wikipedia, when a person would google schools such as California Pacific University and other California State Approved universities, these defamatory words would often pop-up at the bottom of the page. Apparently, Bear and his band of "cyberslanderers" have been thwarted in their efforts to besmirch these schools further, as it now appears they have been "blocked" from posting these defamatory words on Wikipedia, as in days past. I can only imagine the problems this asshole caused... for so many people, by posting these libelous words on the internet...the man is a professional detractor...I use the word "man" loosely, when referring to Bear/Klempner...

Many people have had problems due to the changing views expressed by Bear and from his direct and indirect attacks on schools that he recommended and presented as good. Hell, he even attacked former students of schools that he, Bear, worked for.

Here is my opinion. Any person who would sell you a legal product and then turn around and attack you for buying it is crazy-ignorant, or, as you said, an asshole. Perhaps John is all of the above.

It's really a shame. He really did seem sincere when he went around preaching a revolution was coming in higher education. DL schools, according to Bear, were the wave of the future. A little school, state approved/licensed, would be just as good as some big state university. Now he either believed this or not. He told what he believed was the truth or was lying.

I now believe that he really didn't have a clue nor did he give a damn. It wasn't about being truthful. It was never more than being about what he could sell. People wanted to believe his pie in the sky and bought these degree by the thousands. Were they ever as good as he said? NO. Were they degree milled crap? NO. They had value and for some that was good enough. For others maybe not, but they were what he said was good enough and in my view they met the needs of many. At least until Bear and his handful of attack artists went after every person they could find and proceeded to out them. Bear outed his former customers, former students, and some of his former friends. Bear is your friend, as long as you are useful and needed. After that you can drop dead.

State Approved and State Licensed may not be the next Harvard, but, why should they have to be. They are what they are. Just legal in some cases, better in others. If they are enough why should Bear and crew have such a sh-t fit when someone gets them. Just how is Bear so harmed? Hell, he sold them, called them good, gave the addresses to them for years. It's a shame. The schools were of value and should still be scattered across the country as an option.
I doubt Bear ever owned a state approved school in California...uh-uh...he had "associations" with them as a consultant and maybe even partial owner, but to my knowledge has never "out-right" owned and ran a "state-approved" college or university. Once he saw all the money these schools were generating, he became bitter, and went on a crusade to slander them at every turn...it was motivated by jealousy and pettiness, nothing more...PWU and the like made serious bank, and Bear was cut out of this enterprise, he worked for them years ago...and was fired by them ultimately...a rift developed. and he slammed them at each and every turn. When he was on board, he couldn't say enough "wonderful" things about PWU...now they are accredited, what does he say about that?...he's very silent...that's what he says...typical Bear
Another Bear lie is when he "crows" that "this" state approved school- "ONLY" had "one" program approved, or "two" programs approved.....Pacific Western University was ALWAYS "state approved"....the school itself, NOT JUST individual programs...same thing with California Pacific University...both of these schools were state approved...not just a "program" or two...this man's subterfuge as well as his band of cyber-loons, all spew the same drivel...why would anyone believe this man is an authority in anything, other than chicanery and duplicity....
As far as I know Bear never put up any money. He always managed to get stock as part of the deal to help the real owners establish, advertise, and manage the schools. He was supposed to advertise the schools in the guides and tell people the schools were good if contacted. Now here is the rub. No one was ever willing to cut Bear in on the big money. He was treated as what he was, an employee who had some stock. Bear would then get pissed off because the people who had invested the money (the owners) kept the money that students paid in. He would move on and very quickly see the negatives in the very school he had been praising. The only thing worse than having Bear involved with a school would be having him not involved.

Bear is the type of person you want nothing to do with. He is a smiling used car salesman who would sell a piece of junk to his own mother if there was profit to be made. He screwed over thousands of students of these schools that he so praised in his guides. He never said they were good??? Bull sh**, of course he said they were good, and he also said that the unaccredited/state licensed schools were the schools of the future. That according to him, was the way education would be delivered in the future. Why study what you already knew, or so he said. Exactly, life experience, that's what he promised and delivered from every school he helped start. Now he seems to think that idea is silly, but not when he tried to help sell the students on some school.

The man was a crook, nothing more!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Bear--CPU, Yes he Did!! jhc7 30 125,606 06-23-2015, 05:30 AM
Last Post: jhc7
  It's funny-By John Bear jamesc1 61 283,971 01-16-2015, 08:14 AM
Last Post: jhc7
  A Better Unaccredited School-By John Bear jamesc1 3 24,511 10-08-2013, 06:18 AM
Last Post: jamesc1
  The truth about John Bear and Degreeinfo Trevor Nigel 18 125,571 05-31-2013, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Fort Bragger
  John Bear, a licensed minister of American Fellowship Church Bwana 5 43,072 02-23-2013, 12:43 AM
Last Post: Armando Ramos
  What John Bear really said!! jamesc1 50 264,105 02-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Last Post: bigfoot
  John Bear actually recommended Kennedy-Western? Virtual Bison 57 308,774 03-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Last Post: ham
  Don't Quote John Bear !! Randall Flagg 11 64,320 02-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Last Post: ham
  John Bear finds DL connection ... Little Arminius 4 27,130 09-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Little Arminius
  dr.JOHN BEAR backing up questionable ICHM? ham 1 16,636 04-07-2009, 03:06 AM
Last Post: Geoff Vankirk